We had lots of fun reading Dr. Suess books this past month and studying about this amazing author. The students enjoyed our Cat in the Hat Birthday party celebration with making oobleck, making masks, reviewing rhyming books and eating green eggs and ham.
Here are some of those "crazy cats" with their favorite Dr. Suess books.
Making and playing with Oobleck was very FUN!!!
" Hey, it melts in my hand!"
Eating Green Eggs and Ham was enjoyed by most, but not all.
These two gave it a "thumbs down! I do NOT like green eggs and ham! I do not like them,
Sam I am!"
Science- The study of Plants. We were the best Botanists ever!
We dissected lima beans and learned about what is inside.
We planted our "groovy grass" and it grew into Groovy Grass Guys and Gals
with luscious green hair! We observed root systems.
We did experiments with celery and observed how stems and leaves on plants work. We found out that the plants did not like the red dye at all.
Give a pot of gold to OPA.
Climb up a rainbow!
Play tricks on people!
Eat my chocolate coins!
Be crazy and graph my Lucky Charms!
We earned our 230 class points for good behavior and hard work each day. Our "Mystery Motivator" activity was........
A CHALK PARTY!
Color Party.... Thanks to our awesome room parents for planning a wonderful color party. We had such a great time and learned some new things too.
April is Here....
I hope everyone enjoys their Spring Break time! We will see you again April on 10th.
April Calendar Items
April 3rd - 7th SPRING BREAK - No School
The week of April 10th is TA Appreciation Week. Draw a picture or write a note of thanks to the teaching assistants of OPA that you know. Thank them for all the great things they do to make OPA a great place to be each day, especially MIss Hannah in our class!
April 12th - Vision Screenings will be this day for all students in grades Kindergarten - 3rd. You will be contacted by the school if any concerns are found.
April 14th - $1 Dress Day. Bring a dollar and wear free dress to help support good things at OPA.
Thursday, April 27th - Please, please, please have your child at school on this day for a Kindergarten Graduation Picture. I will be sending information regarding these photos home in the red folder in a week or so. We use the picture for your child's Graduation Diploma and it is a free photo, so we would like 100% of kiddos there. There will also be a picture package available to buy if you desire.
Saturday, April 29th - OPA Spring FUN Run!! Please review the OPA school website or check with the secretaries in the front office for more details about this event.
Thursday, May 18th - Last day of school for Kindergarten. Graduation is May 19th. Look for more information coming home during April.
- Remember- Every TUESDAY is our Library Day. Please find those missing books and have your child return them to the school or come in a pay the fines before the end of the year.
- Continue to have your child read on RAZ-kids every day. The goal is to be at the end of Level C or at the beginning of Level D by May 12th.
- Your student needs to be able to read 100% of the 42 sight words(snap words) fluently found on the yellow sheet that was sent home in March. If you have misplaced your copy please email me and I will send another copy.
- Our students could really use some reading helpers to come in on Thursdays and Fridays for the rest of the year. You could come any time between 8 - 11:30 AM. and read with a child in our class.
- We still need 3 Parents to volunteer to chaperone on the Hogle Zoo Field Trip. Thanks to Holly Brown and Tiffany Parkinson for signing up to help. Please see the previous BLOG post from March for the details of the trip. Then email me if you are willing to help!
Thanks for all that you do to help your child at school and to support my role as their teacher. I appreciate your help soooooo much!!!!